New Phrase: だら (Nagoya Accent)
Meaning and Thoughts: (Don't get confused with だらだら which we know means "liquid pouring/melting" or some such.) I was having a conversation with one of my friends tonight about Japanese accents, I love Japanese accents. My friend is from Nagoya, and offered that だら means something like そうでしょ in Nagoya accent. As context, I was given this joke:
アイスを食(た)べててアイスが溶(と)けてるのを見(み)た、人(ひと)が「だらだらだらぁ?」
[The hint to understand this joke is that だら is THREE times.]
Meaning and Thoughts: (Don't get confused with だらだら which we know means "liquid pouring/melting" or some such.) I was having a conversation with one of my friends tonight about Japanese accents, I love Japanese accents. My friend is from Nagoya, and offered that だら means something like そうでしょ in Nagoya accent. As context, I was given this joke:
アイスを食(た)べててアイスが溶(と)けてるのを見(み)た、人(ひと)が「だらだらだらぁ?」
[The hint to understand this joke is that だら is THREE times.]
0 Comments:
コメントを投稿
<< Home