New Phrase: Japanese quiz show words
Meaning and Thoughts: I watched a quiz show about hard words, some of these were supposed to be hard for Japanese people too so I don't know how useful this is.
Whats this one called?
アンモナイト (or in English ammonite) I didnt know either language! Its like some fossilized shell thing I guess? Next!
And if you saw this one on a map?!

It means しょうぼうしょ (消防署) which is "fire station" if you didn't know, in map symbols (ちずきごう, 地図記号) but it is so rare that currently Wikipedia doesnt even have it (I'm thinking about changing that right now since Japanese Wikipedia has it!)
Also had a a symbol for 老人ホーム (ろうじんホーム) which I knew but hadn't used recently, so I thought I would record old folks home here just in case I forgot again. (the symbol was so easy i think so not putting it here! ha!)
This show also taught me these two cool phrases... 二階から目薬 (にかいからめぐすり) which is an expression for trying to do something over and over again even though it cant be done, thus eye drops from the 2nd floor! nice! and also... のどから手が出る (のどからてがでる) which means predictably really really wanting something (so much that a hand comes from your throat! wow freaky!)
Meaning and Thoughts: I watched a quiz show about hard words, some of these were supposed to be hard for Japanese people too so I don't know how useful this is.
Whats this one called?
アンモナイト (or in English ammonite) I didnt know either language! Its like some fossilized shell thing I guess? Next!
And if you saw this one on a map?!

It means しょうぼうしょ (消防署) which is "fire station" if you didn't know, in map symbols (ちずきごう, 地図記号) but it is so rare that currently Wikipedia doesnt even have it (I'm thinking about changing that right now since Japanese Wikipedia has it!)
Also had a a symbol for 老人ホーム (ろうじんホーム) which I knew but hadn't used recently, so I thought I would record old folks home here just in case I forgot again. (the symbol was so easy i think so not putting it here! ha!)
This show also taught me these two cool phrases... 二階から目薬 (にかいからめぐすり) which is an expression for trying to do something over and over again even though it cant be done, thus eye drops from the 2nd floor! nice! and also... のどから手が出る (のどからてがでる) which means predictably really really wanting something (so much that a hand comes from your throat! wow freaky!)

<< Home