I've been learning a whole pile of new words, one never stops acquiring new vocabulary really. I've just been a bit lazy to commit them to memory by updating my blog. I feel bad about that, a record is all I have. I'll try to update more frequently. For now, my new words...
I was hanging out with a close friend, and she said she was amazed by the variety of knowledge I had. I disagreed, but she insisted.
はくがくたさい (博学多才)
A wide range of knowledge...
We decided that it just came from how I always want to create something new.
そうさくいよく (創作意欲)
Creativity urge...
Something I hope you all will not have to face, from either view point. I was making important plans, but the other person kept delaying... my landlord asked if they had...
にのあしをふむ (二の足を踏む)
Cold feet. To hesitate. Etc
The whole situation just made me sad so somehow this idiom popped up:
あおなにしお (青菜に塩)
To feel blue, to be in the dumps.
I was discussing online words that only really work well in Japanese. Two of my favorites were:
こもれび (木漏れ日)
God-rays, sunlight through tree leaves, flittered light.
ちっぽけ
Tiny, teenie, super small.
ねこまんま (猫まんま)
Literally 'cat food' but more often used when you use your left over rice in certain way. The regional version I prefer is to put my rice in my miso soup. Interesting!
Some other miscolanious words that popped into conversations over the last few months:
おけ (桶) bucket (was used for shower bucket)
べいこうくううちゅうきょく (米航空宇宙局) NASA (English is simpler in this case!)
しおれる (萎れる) to wither/wilt (flowers etc)
がくふ (楽譜) musical score
てつがくてき (哲学的) philosophical
Clearly I should update my study blog more often, huh? Will try to do that! :)
I was hanging out with a close friend, and she said she was amazed by the variety of knowledge I had. I disagreed, but she insisted.
はくがくたさい (博学多才)
A wide range of knowledge...
We decided that it just came from how I always want to create something new.
そうさくいよく (創作意欲)
Creativity urge...
Something I hope you all will not have to face, from either view point. I was making important plans, but the other person kept delaying... my landlord asked if they had...
にのあしをふむ (二の足を踏む)
Cold feet. To hesitate. Etc
The whole situation just made me sad so somehow this idiom popped up:
あおなにしお (青菜に塩)
To feel blue, to be in the dumps.
I was discussing online words that only really work well in Japanese. Two of my favorites were:
こもれび (木漏れ日)
God-rays, sunlight through tree leaves, flittered light.
ちっぽけ
Tiny, teenie, super small.
ねこまんま (猫まんま)
Literally 'cat food' but more often used when you use your left over rice in certain way. The regional version I prefer is to put my rice in my miso soup. Interesting!
Some other miscolanious words that popped into conversations over the last few months:
おけ (桶) bucket (was used for shower bucket)
べいこうくううちゅうきょく (米航空宇宙局) NASA (English is simpler in this case!)
しおれる (萎れる) to wither/wilt (flowers etc)
がくふ (楽譜) musical score
てつがくてき (哲学的) philosophical
Clearly I should update my study blog more often, huh? Will try to do that! :)
<< Home